OK people...
I know it's been a long time, but forgive me. I was homeless for about a month, then went on vacation and then was sort of homeless again until the past couple of days. Chris and I finally got the computer set up and the internet working, so now I'm connected to the blogging world once again.
First off...vacation!
Chris, Leah and I packed up and went out to Washington for a few days for my cousin Maya's baptism and for Chris to officially meet some of the fam. I couldn't have asked for a better time to go then when we did. Life has been difficult lately and I've been really homesick because I haven't seen my family in over a year. We rolled into Liberty Lake about noon on Thursday and the party began immediately. We pulled up into the driveway and were immediately greeted by Maya, Edee and Aby. We go into the house and got some Jessica love. She was super excited that we were there and told us to come upstairs and see the finished product of the nursery she made for the future baby Albrecht. We traipse upstairs and she opens the door. All of a sudden Leah screams, then I hear Jes scream and I just started screaming, even though I had no idea what was going on. I walk into the room a little farther and there was my momma, hiding in the nursery.
You see, Mama Miller and Jes are LIARS!!! I had been calling my mom a lot that week with questions about I don't even remember what and she had told me that my dad was taking the week off to help with the kids because she had a lot of things to do before the boys started school and that if she wasn't home when I called, I should just call her cell phone. I didn't really think much of it, but it was all because her and Jes worked out this plan to surprise everyone by telling them she wasn't going to be there, and then we get there and find out she had been there for a week! I was excited because I miss my family a lot, and it really is hard not having any family out here.
Soooo, Chris and I decided to take a nap because we were exhausted from driving all night and when we woke up, the party began! Chris got the official introductions. Tia Ines was impressed because he smelled "sooooooo goooooood!" Aric said that he looked a little "deer in the headlights" but that if he stuck with the white boys and ignored all the brown people he would be ok.
Then, Jes broke out the Singstar and challenged me to my throne. I am sad to report that I lost EVERY SINGLE FREAKING BATTLE!!! How?!!? I have no idea, but I was definitely off my game. Everyone had a way good time though.
Haha...the booty shaking is my favorite picture. Momma and Tia Ines had all of us laughing.
The next day was the big birthday extravaganza - for me, Maya, Edee and Pochito. Jessica made me my very own "big girl cake" so I wouldn't have to share with the little ones. Ha! They only got cupcakes! After the singing, I proceeded to finish a cake battle that Tia Ines and I started three years ago...I think mom is the only one with those pictures, but needless to say, the Albrecht kitchen floor wasn't so pretty...then we headed outside for the Hernandez family birthday staple...the pinata! Even I got a shot at it! And so did little Pochito...he's adorable!! I ran around after him the whole weekend saying, "Besitos!" He would run away or turn his head and say, "No!" I would have to withhold his food before he would give me any.
The next day was Maya's baptism. She has gotten so big so fast! I remember when she was born!!! Now she's all grown up and as cute and sweet as ever. I had fun playing with the girls in the camper and packing them picnics.
I basically spent the whole baptism sobbing because I realized my mom was leaving the next day and that we were going home the day after that. While we were waiting for Maya to get ready right after the baptism, there was a little movie that Jes put together for everyone there to watch. There was a picture of Maya and my dad and then I really lost it. Poor Chris pretty much had all of my eye makeup on his white dress shirt by the time the baptism was over. Then my mom got some on her shirt when she made the waterworks start again like five minutes later.
I did manage to pull it together in time for the family barbeque after the baptism and just really was grateful for the time that I was able to spend there.
I was so sad to go home! But I am so grateful to Chris for coming with me, for helping make the trip possible, for enduring the crazy family (even though he loved every minute of the trip and the family) and for my momma for surprising us and being there, for Maya for inviting us and letting Leah and I sing a song for her, and for Jes and Aric for letting us stay with them!! I needed this vacation so badly and needed a dose of my family to put me right back on track and to give me the encouragement and love that they did and for welcoming Chris into the family. I love you all!
OK, and for a quick overview of the new job (because everyone has been asking...). It's going great. The first week was a little hectic trying to get the hang of everything and adjusting to a new work environment and such, but I've picked up pretty well and have really started to figure out how to do everything that I need to and what the tricks are to making sure that I'm taking good cases for the law firm and that everything is filled out correctly. This next week is going to be a lot easier and I think I am going to do well at this job. I'm just really excited to be doing this job and to be working full time and actually getting paid a decent amount.
And that's all for now, from me to you. :)




3 comments:
You guys making the effort to be here made the entire weekend perfect!
I'm so glad that Chris survived his intro to la familia. I hope he is being good to Whitey:)
I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Finally, I can read something new. I don't have the cake fight pictures. I wish I did. My cam was broken remember. anyway, it was great fun!
OOOHHH, you have such a cute family! I remember when you guys were so little(well your mom still is)and now look at you beautiful girls!
Post a Comment