Saturday, July 9, 2011

Update: Proving My Mother Wrong, Pt. 2

In an effort to make sure that my mother is constantly reminded that I am, in fact, social and to prove to anyone else that may be inclined to believe her...this is what I have been up to lately.

Middle of June - Work Picnic

I have worked for the same law firm for almost 3 years now.  We have an annual tradition of a summer picnic for the employees and their families.  This year, we had a department volleyball game.  Anyone in the department was invited to play for that team.  Mind you, I haven't played volleyball since 9th grade, but hey, I miss playing and I always had fun.



This picture makes me laugh because Bailey looks pissed, but she really wasn't.


I had these NASTY bruises on my arm for a week after the picnic.  Oh, and did I mention it was for NOTHING!!  We lost because our new claims team cheated.  And stacked the team.  No, I'm not bitter we lost out on a pizza party or anything...

Orem Summerfest

Every June, Orem City puts on Summerfest.  There's a carnival in the park, a boutique of sorts set up with all sorts of vendors setting up booths, fireworks and a parade.  I went with my friend Jenny from work.  I should NEVER go anywhere with her when I have money to spend.  Although I am usually pretty thrifty, it manages to go right out the window when I am with her.  She has no problem spending my money for me.  Because of that, this is what I walked away with...


It's beautiful.  It's purple, it's shiny, it's zebra print (and fuzzy!) and you'd be hard pressed to find another purse that screamed Monica quite so loud.

Strawberry Days

Karina, Leah and I headed off for Strawberry Days, which is Pleasant Grove's summer city fest thing.  Not much to do, and not-so-impressive boutique wise.  We walked around for 20 or so minutes and then got some strawberries and cream.  YUM!  And I don't even like strawberries all that much. 


Deeeeefreakinglicious!!!!

More to come, too much to post, too little time!!

0 comments: