The following conversation with my mother took place last weekend:
Mom: Where are you? It's loud.
Me: Five Guys.
Mom: By yourself?!
Me: Yes, mother. I'm by myself. (extremely sarcastic)
Mom: Geez, Monica. You need to get out more. Get some friends.
Me: Mom! I was joking! I'm with Leah and Karina! You believed me?
Mom: Well, you're not social. You're certainly not my daughter.
Following this conversation, I bought a movie ticket to go see Super 8 (which was excellent, by the way) and then went to go kill time at the mall. I wandered into Archiver's, one of my fav scrapbook stores, looking for a new project. This is what I found.
This, my dear blogging friends, is a Smashbook.
It's a scrapbook. It's a junk drawer. It's a journal. It's AMAZING. It has patterned paper inside, includes a pen/glue stick and runs you $15. It has all sorts of add ons that run for about $2.50 each. It's my summer project to prove my mother wrong.
As you can see, I've already gotten some add-ons.
They also have all sorts of ideas here.
I talked Leah and Karina into doing this with me this summer, which I'm hoping will keep me motivated to do more and really enjoy my summer. I've already done my first page.
Nothing too fancy, but with my Smashbook, it doesn't have to be.
Take that, momma. :)




4 comments:
cute!
If it gets you out of the house and it's good clean fun, I'm all for you proving me wrong. I love the book I want one!! I'm proud of you for getting social again. Keep it going!!!!
Oooh this looks neat! I might have to look into getting one... might help me be a bit more social as well :)
I WANT ONE!!!!! Bring one to me next month, I will totally pay you back!
Your cute bog makeover reallly makes me want to redo mine but it's not quite on the priority list right now.
Post a Comment